St. Monica’s Episcopal Church

St. Monica's Episcopal Church located at 93 Spring Street was the first African American Episcopal church of Trenton.

St. Monica’s Episcopal Church was also named St. Monica’s Mission for Colored People and was established in 1919 as a mission congregation of the Trinity Cathedral. The congregation purchased the land at 93 Spring Street in 1920 and used the building already there for worship, but it was not until 1935 when the current standing church was established.The congregation had about 150 members and was the first African American Episcopal church located in Trenton. It is now home to Shepherd Gate Discipleship Ministries.

Addres: 93 Spring Street, Trenton NJ, 08618

Comments are closed.

Switch to our mobile site