St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Church

St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Church was founded in 1840 by a group of African-American
Methodists. The church’s first edifice on Allen Street was built with the financial
support of the United Daughters of the Conference of the A.M.E. Church. In
1867, the church moved to North Willow Street, and in 1880 the cornerstone for a
new brick church was laid. The existing stone building was erected in 1923. The
church was instrumental in the organization of local chapter of the Afro-American
Council in 1900 and the New Jersey State Federation of Colored Women’s Clubs in
1915. St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Church recently relocated to Ewing Township.

Address: 306 Willow Street, Trenton, NJ 08618

Comments are closed.

Switch to our mobile site