YMCA Community Branch

YMCA Community Branch located on historic Spring Street

 

The YMCA Community Branch of Trenton was established in the 1930s after lobbying by prominent African American leaders living in the spring street district. Civil Rights attorney Robert Queen led the effort, pushing Trenton YMCA to open the branch after the community pooled $1,000. The building was constructed in 1880 and is located at 105 Spring Street. It became the third location for the Community Branch in 1938. In 1944, the branch was moved to the Carver Center (originally Sunlight Elks Lodge). 105 Spring Street is now a private residence for sale.

 

Address: 105 Spring Street, Trenton NJ, 08618

 

Comments are closed.

Switch to our mobile site