Old Barrack Museum

The Old Barracks Museum, also known as Old Barracks, in Trenton, New Jersey, are the only remaining colonial barracks in New Jersey. It is the last of five such barracks authorized by the colony in 1758 to house soldiers in the French and Indian War. It housed about 300 soldiers at a time. During the American Revolution, George Washington crossed the Delaware River to catch the Hessian garrison by surprise.

In 1902, members of the Daughters of the Revolution bought part of the building to preserve it. The state bought the other part and formed a museum in 1914 which remains open today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Address: 101 Barrack Street, Trenton, NJ 08608

Comments are closed.

Switch to our mobile site