Trenton War Memorial

Trenton and Mercer County War Memorial-Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Memorial Building is located in Trenton, New Jersey. The building was built in 1930 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1986. It was designed by Louis S. Kaplan (1896-1964), who as a young architect won a competition to design Trenton’s memorial to its Dead from World War One. Kaplan then supervised the building of the War Memorial, and after its dedication became the leading architect in Trenton until the early 1960s. Built as a concert hall, it fell into disrepair before being restored by the State of New Jersey in the 1990s. It was rededicated in 1999.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Address: 1 Memorial Dr  Trenton, NJ 08608

Comments are closed.

Switch to our mobile site